Sunday 22 July 2012

Eventful Day

So today (15th July) I raced my first quadrathlon; having trained for each individual discipline but injuries have prevented me form being able to do all four at once. The day started very well by leading the first two disciplines; swim and kayak; and good transitions to boot, unfortunately this was where my luck ran out with a string of problems first with my pedal cracking 500m into and 18km cycle causing me to have to basically pedal with just one leg, having to change my pedaling style to keep my balance caused cramp which ruined my run as well, then things got worse as I managed to lock my keys in my car and only after being rescued by my dad with a spare key did I manage to get home 4 hours after I would of expected, just to top it all off when I took my bike of my car I had somehow gained a flat tire on my way home, but an enjoyable day nonetheless.